Canine and Feline Heartworm Prevention
- Dehler Animal Clinic recommends that all dogs are kept on a preventive (Heartgard) year round. Heartworm is spread by mosquitoes, and Heartgard protects against many other common parasite infections.
- A 4DX test is done annually to ensure that your dog stays heartworm, lyme disease, anaplasmosis, and ehrlichia free.
- Feline Heartgard or Revolution are availble for feline Heartworm prevention.
- THERE IS NO TREATMENT FOR CATS WITH HEARTWORM. Infections in cats often lead to death, so prevention is key!
Canine Flea and Tick Prevention
- Dehler Animal Clinic recommends that all dogs are kept on a flea and tick preventive (Frontline or Nexgard) year round. Lyme disease is spread by ticks.
- Frontline and Nexgard protect your dog from flea infestations and ticks.
- Comfortis is a chewable tablet that protects your dog from fleas.
Feline Flea and Tick Prevention
- Dehler Animal Clinic recommends that all cats are kept on a flea preventive (Frontline, Revolution or Comfortis) year round. Protect your cat and home from a flea infestation.
Heartgard offers long-lasting heartworm and intestinal parasite control.
VeterinaryPartner – drugs
Detailed information on commonly prescribed pet medications. Learn how a medication works within the body and what side effects you should be aware of.
Frontline offers long-lasting flea and tick control for dogs and cats.
Nexgard offers long-lasting flea and tick control for dogs.